Thursday, May 19, 2011

Doodle-A-Day 10

Doodling late into the night and realized that the day had changed.  Seeing as I was pretty proud of this doodle, I decided to make it the doodle of the day.

It's an Oviraptor.


I found an old case of markers and happily discovered that they still worked.  I've been playing with color all day actually.  You can expect the next few doodles will probably have some color element to them.  I first drew a light sketch in pencil.  Then I went over the drawing with markers, starting with the brightest yellow of the head and getting darker the more I worked.  I liked the idea of using fire colors, which is especially apt if you know that Oviraptor mongoliensis is found in the Gobi Desert in Mongolia.  I then outlined the drawing with a felt-tipped pen.  Finally I used a marker to add in the scales around the jaw and the hard edges of the skull.

No comments:

Post a Comment