Friday, June 17, 2011

Doodle-A-Day 35-39

Another big update.  Sorry about that, but I think some of these doodles are pretty cool, so I hope that makes up for it.

First up is a doodle of Puppet Angel from the Angel Episode Smile Time.  I really like how this one turned out.  I actually tried to draw it as quickly as I could, and I think that gives it more energy than my usual sketches.


This next doodle is drawn from a photo of some friends of mine.  The faces are kind of not great representations of them, but it is a small drawing, so I'm going to forgive myself.


I don't know who this guy is or what he is doing, but he has found a cool pose.  (Not a big fan of the face on this one, but I liked the rest of it enough to put it up here.)



This next one is a simple sketch of a baby dragon.   I really tried to capture a leatherlike, lizard-y skin, but I don't think I quite succeeded.  For some reason I've always had trouble drawing that heavy fold sort of texture.  I still like the drawing though.


Finally, a drawing of Hagrid and little Harry.  I sort of imagined this as the day Hagrid took Harry to Diagon Alley for the first time.  Hagrid is my favorite Harry Potter character, and I really tried to capture their relationship in a drawing here.  I might do another one of these two soon, maybe with a Harry that is a bit older.


No comments:

Post a Comment