Friday, December 16, 2011

Doodle-A-Day 217-221

Well, finals are finished now.  Hopefully doodles will come a little bit more frequently over the next couple of weeks.

Firstly, today is my friend Colt's birthday.  I'm not actually too happy with this drawing, but I couldn't find a better picture of him to work off of.  Happy birthday buddy!


Next is a dragon.


A wildebeest.


A hippogriff.


And finally, my favorite drawing of the bunch.  You might recognize this as one of Leonardo Da Vinci's famous flying machines.  I love Da Vinci, as he was both a scientist and an artist and threw himself into both wholeheartedly.  I love his flying machines in particular, because I love the combination of engineering and imagination.  They can't work of course, which is kind of my favorite thing about them.  A scientific mind came up with the concepts, but it takes imagination to make them fly.


No comments:

Post a Comment