Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Doodle-A-Day 310-315

Wow, really let the doodles get away from me again this week.  But at least I haven't passed the limit.  Guess life just got a little ridiculous there for a while.  But here are 6 doodles, all of which I'm pretty happy with actually.  (Wow, can you believe I've done 315 of these things?!)

First up is the giant Paleocene predatory bird, Diatryma.  Well, I guess they are calling it Gastornis now, but I like Diatryma better.


Next is an ink drawing of Smilodon fatalis.  This is my least favorite of the bunch.  I feel like the ink could have given it a lot more depth but it just feels flat and emotionless where it should feel powerful and energetic.


Next are my interpretations of two Spider-Man villains.  Mysterio:


... and Vulture.  I recently saw someone suggest that Terry O'Quinn should play Vulture, and I think that would be PERFECT casting.  So I used him as a model for Vulture here, hoping that if I drew it it would come true.


Sometimes my brain scares me.


And other times it's AWESOME.  This feels like what it would be like if Dr. Seuss met Firefly.

No comments:

Post a Comment