Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Doodle-A-Day 328-335

"Self?"
"Yes, self?
"How many days has it been since you've done a DaD post on your blog?"
"Well... I think it was just a couple days ag-"
"Eight."
"What?"
"Eight days.  You haven't done a doodle in eight days."
"But... no.  Hold on.  Blogger says I did a post on April 4th.  That was 6 days ago.  If I do six doodles today I'll still be good.  Not great, I really should try and do it more regularly but--"
"That was a Buffy Rewatch post."
"What?"
"You did a Buffy Rewatch post on April 4th.  You haven't doodled in 8 days."
"But I thought --"
"Clearly you did not."
"Seriously?  Eight days?  Wow.  How did that happen?  I was on spring break and everything."
"I have no clue.  You had plenty of time to doodle.  I don't know what your excuse is.  And you have almost exactly a month left of doodles.  Seriously man, pull it together!"
"Sorry, self."

So, as you can see from my inner monologue... I got confused.  But never mind that!  For I did a drawing of Yutyrannus -- the new feathered Tyrannosauroid -- and I am quite proud of it!


And... um... some kind of bird with a hat?  I don't know.  To be honest, I kind of phoned this one in.


I just finished reading The Two Towers, and have to admit that I was deeply disturbed by the Shelob chapter.  So I had to doodle it.


Some kind of robot character.


The last four drawings are interesting to me because I am surprised I never had this idea before.

Dinosaurs AS SUPERHEROES.

First is Batraptor!  This is a Deinonychus as Batman.


Superceratops!  Triceratops as Superman.  I actually really regret this pose now that I think about it.  I wish that his frill was in full view so you could see the emblem on it.


Spider-Troodon!  (That name needs work.)  I decided to put his web shooter on his snout.  Because why not?


And finally, ThyreoTHORan!  Yeah, that's an Ankylosaurus as Thor.  (His tail club has become Mjolnir.)  I think color would have made this one more obvious.


Actually, I don't think these simple quick ink sketches do this concept justice.  I might have to revisit this idea.

That's all for now.  Hopefully this last month of doodles won't be as sporadic as it has been lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment