Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Just a Quick Update

Oh man, it has been a while huh?  You'd think that when the school semester was over I would be LESS busy. Haha, nope.  The past couple weeks have been very frantic and full.

Not least of which because I was hurriedly trying to finish animating the latest episode of my web series, which finally went up yesterday.  Watch it here: Welcome to Sumwhere: Driving Me Crazy!

So, now that that's done and other various life-type responsibilities are less pressing, I am once more turning my attention to this blog.  Things to expect in the next week or so and beyond:

  1. The last 5 doodles.  Yes, I realize I completely, totally, 100% dropped the ball on this.  Hilariously in the very last push I failed my mission utterly.  I don't mind though, it's part of the story of the doodles.  Expect the last 5 doodles to come in over the next few days and I will probably do a write-up post reflecting back on the project as a whole: things I learned, how I grew as an artist, as a person, and as a procrastinator.  It will be very exciting, I promise.
  2. Back to Buffy!  The Buffy Rewatch is going to go back into high gear now that it is summer and I have some time to watch my favorite show.  Expect my thoughts on 1x05, Never Kill a Boy on the First Date any day now.
  3. My thoughts on various entertainment that has come my way recently.  This will likely include a post on The Avengers, the recently cancelled NBC show Awake, the new ABC show Once Upon a Time (it's like LOST but in fairyland!), The Iron Giant (which I recently rewatched after like... 10 years), and the Buffy/Angel comics that have come out since I last talked about them.
  4. More doodles.  Not as consistent as the DaD Project, but you are not done being forced to look at my art.  (I imagine you are Clockwork Orange'd up to my blog as I type this.  (Am I allowed to make that reference considering I haven't actually seen that movie?  I'm going to go with yes.  After a certain number of Simpson's episodes, you can claim to have basically seen Citizen Kane and A Clockwork Orange.))  Specifically, I will be delving further into the world of paleoart.  Expect raptors!
  5. A lot of other random crap.  I have a feeling that this blog is going to become a lot less focused this summer as I finally have the time to pour all of my strange and disparate interests into it.
So yeah.  In closing I am going to link to this 3 minute animated short by Toniko Pantoja.  It's beautiful.  (Warning: if you are anything like me you will be in tears in under a minute.)  Crayon Dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment